Difference in grafix card publishers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honourableprawn

I'm a little confused about this......so please bear with me....;)

I've got a gf3, but i consider myself an early adopter and fancy a gf4 ti4600, however none of the big boys have a ti4600 on the market at the moment and some of the lesser well known card publishers have.
Is there any form of degradation in performance in buying a lesser well known card eg Sparkle, as opposed to buying a card from someone like Elsa?

I know Elsa have gone the way of the dodo, and I'm only using it as an example, :grinthumb

Thanx

The Prawn:D

Gainward & Asus have announced their TI4600 cards. You might have to wait a few weeks to be able to get your hands on them. I'm sure your GF3 keeps up with all the current games so far.

cheers,

Cheers, Didou, I know they're releasing soon, but I want to know if there is a substantial difference in performance between the main players eg creative, or the smaller publishers eg sparkle.

Thanx,

The prawn:D

There is going to be very little if any difference in the hardware between the different manufacturers because the cards need to be built to Nvidia's exact spec. When the GF3 came out some manufacturers were claiming that they were using faster ram, but it turned out that all the manufacturers were using the same memory.
If anything, the biggest difference will be in the software package that will be offered with card..Games, accessories, 3D Glasses will all vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. This is what I would base my buying decision on..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back