Differnce between this ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyd117

Hey I was looking to buy a set of Crucial Ballistix tracer ram with the speed set at 1066mhz, with 5-5-5-15 timing the cost is around $150. Then Crucial also makes just Crucial Ballistix speed at 1066mhz, with 5-5-5-15 timing for around $180. Both run at 2.2v and the cheaper one has sweet leds whats up with that? Why is one more expensive then the other?

http://www.crucial.com/ballistix/store/PartSpecs.asp?imodule=BL2KIT12864AA1065&cat=

http://www.crucial.com/ballistix/store/PartSpecs.asp?imodule=BL2KIT12864AL1065&cat=

The one that lights up is for high-end gaming machines. So basically the more expensive one is better. If you use you PC for games then buy the more expensive one. If you use your PC for older games or Word and internet, then buy the less expensive one. I would wait for a few more replies because I'm not always right lol.

where Im ordering from the prices are the oppisite way around, where the ones that light up are cheaper, sorry to get you confused. Yes it will be for high end gaming

According to the links you posted, the more expensive RAM has the LEDs. The regular RAM is $229.99 while the RAM with the LEDs is $239.99.

Both have the same specs, except for the LEDs. If you have a case with a clear window to show off the LED lights and you want the extra bling, go for it. I happen to have Corsair RAM with LEDs. Not necessary but pretty.

I planned for those links to be used for specs but apparently that would clarify since its the manufactures site it would show truly which set of ram is better from the price as to resellers are all different.

So then if the LED version is less expensive than the regular RAM somewhere, you might as well get the one with the LEDs, even if you can't see it.

I might have to end up buying ddr2 800 ram instead since I cant seem to find a board that will support of 800mhz for the ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back