TechSpot

digital camera not fully recognized by computer

By Cosmosis
Oct 10, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am trying to get my fujifilm camera to work with my laptop. I installed the software
    for the camera. I went to their website and got the latest usb drivers. When I
    hook the cable to computer and camera and turn the camera on I hear the "device connected"
    sound. The scanners and camera wizard thing does not open nor does the camera software.
    If I go to control panel>system>hardware>device manager>usb controllers "usb mass
    storage device" shows up when I turn the camera on and goes away when I turn the
    camera off. So I know the computer at least knows its there. How do I get from
    there to being able to access the pics?
    BTW ... when I hook it to my PC it shows up as a removable storage device under My
    Computer. Not so with the laptop.

Paul in Marietta :mad:
  2. tdeg

tdeg TS Rookie Posts: 348

Does your laptop assign the camera a drive letter?

Check in windows explorer and look for an e or f drive.
  3. Cosmosis

Cosmosis TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have looked for a drive letter. Thats what I meant when I said it shows up as a removable storage device under my computer.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.