Directsound3d software - problem with 5.1 surround sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,

i have a problem with 5.1 surround sound. i have an asus a7n8x mobo connected to a sharkoon audics 5.1 sound system. i have tried the nvidia nforce audio drivers and the realtek alc650 sound driver. with the nvidia driver 5.1 sound is only working with the nvmixer test tool and with the ms media player.
but with other test tools like "rightmark 3d sound" real surround sound is not working. all speakers play sound but its not 3d.
so i tried the realtek driver and everything is working fine in directsound3d hardware mode in the rightmark 3d sound-tool. but when i switch to directsound3d software mode, again there is no real surround sound then.
and in most games like half life 2 for example, there is only sound based on directsound3d software mode.
so how can i make 5.1 surround sound work with software mode?

Well, it's a couple years later now, but I'm having the same problem as this guy. Any help at all, please? I have a different hardware setup. WinXP, SB Audigy 2, and such. I've used RightMark 3DSound Positioning Accuracy test to see what I could find out, googled around the net for about 3 hours now, and can't figure it out for the life of me. Surround works fine in any hardware based mode, but in directsound 3d software mode when I set it to rear only, it's coming out the front's just as loud as the backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back