DirectX 9.0 RC 0 : Public Beta

By TS | Thomas
Nov 13, 2002
  1. DirectX 9.0 includes security and performance updates, along with many new features across all technologies, which can be accessed by applications using the DirectX 9.0 APIs. This is an unsupported Pre-Release version of DirectX 9.0 & may contain bugs or issues that prevent correct operation of DirectX applications. The DirectX 9.0 runtime cannot be uninstalled. We recommend that this pre-release only be installed on Windows ME or Windows XP systems, & that users create a “System Restore” point before installing.

Operating System
    Windows 98, 2000, Me & XP

Download Now
    dx9.0.308.3_dxwebsetup.exe - 260 Kb
  2. Federelli

Federelli TS Rookie Posts: 361

perfect and working
  3. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,704

Any record of any problems with it? Since it is a release candidate, I'm hesitant to download it.
  4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

There probably are problems that have came up but since it was released not too long ago the problems haven't been documented officially yet. Example - say I dl it, I expierence a problem, since I don't run any known web pages dealing with stuff like that no one outside of maybe the IRC channel is going to know about it, now say I didn't frequent any computer forums then no one outside of a few people would know my problems with it, so it wouldn't get documented.
  5. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 1,319

Can't say I've had any problems since installing it.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.