Disabling IDE channels in Intel 865

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I have Intel 865GBF motherboard, in which I want to disable the IDE channels, to disable the cd drives without disconnecting the power cables. But I couldn't find any option in the BIOS setup to disable the Primary / Secondary Master / Slave slots. Please help in this matter.

Thanking you,
Dhiman

yyou should be able to find the option to disable the IDe channels. on Intel 875\865boards with sata there are three options. they are listed as, "sata enabled Pata Disabled", "Pata Enabled sata disabled", and "sata and Pata enabled."

but how to discnct the cd drives ?

iss said:
yyou should be able to find the option to disable the IDe channels. on Intel 875\865boards with sata there are three options. they are listed as, "sata enabled Pata Disabled", "Pata Enabled sata disabled", and "sata and Pata enabled."

........... but how can i disable my cd drives ? can u plz explain ?

if your looking for IDE in the bios you are wasting your time. in the section you want it will be listed as PATA not IDE. so if your CD Drives are on your IDE and you have sata hard drives then simply choose "sata enabled PATA disabled.

this wont work if you have an IDE hard drive as it would be disabled as well.

if all you want to do is disable the cd drives you can do that in windows in device manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back