Discoloring of video

By animalistik
Aug 20, 2006
  1. I recently reformatted my harddrive, and now when I watch any videos, they are discolored. My video card is an ati radeon mobility 9700. Can anyone help?
  2. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

Tried to get the latest drivers from the ATI's website or your laptop maker's?

Fool around with some settings on your laptop, since its a reinstall of windows your settings would've changed back to default or other.. and you'll need to re-set the settings again or optimise it.

Does it only happen to videos or happens in everything? websites, streaming, pictures etc..
  3. Sarah07

Sarah07 TS Rookie

decrease your color quality to 16 bit or 256 colors if this function worked this problem is from your video card try to reinstall your vga driver otherwise you may have hrdware problems.
  4. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 TS Rookie Posts: 137

If none of the above work you should try and download a codec package by clicking Here
  5. animalistik

animalistik TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the suggestions. All I had to do was lower my hardware acceleration if anyone finds this post and needs the help.
  6. Klopernup

Klopernup TS Rookie

more info

You have built a good website.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.