"Disk boot error insert system disc" every time i get up

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Disk boot failure insert system disc" every time i get up

I have done a format c and installed windows xp again. My pc worked just fine a whole day long and i could restart the pc without problems. The next morning i want to boot my pc and i get the message "System boot failure please insert system disk" I couldn't get it fixed so i reinstalled my pc again. I worked with my pc the whole day without any problem i went to bed. The next day i had the same problem as the day before "System boot failure insert system disk". Now my question is how it comes that i cane resart and boot my pc a whole day long and if it is turned off for 8 hours that i get the message "system boot error..." anyone a suggestion?

That could be caused by 1 of several problems.

First (and most likely), it could be a flat bios battery. Does your system loose the date and time too? If so, fit a new bios battery.

Check all your boot options in your bios to see if any of those are the cause.

If you have any spares, try a different data cable.

Scan disk your hard drive as it could be a drive error.

If none of this helps, let me know and i will do my best to help further. Rik

PS: Also remember that Reboot and Shutdown are different...
Shutdown clears the memory... reboot refreshes the memory.
Shutdown problems in Windows XP can be caused by many factors, just like earlier versions of Windows. These included: a damaged exit sound file; incorrectly configured, damaged, or incompatible hardware; conflicting programs, or an incompatible, damaged, or conflicting device driver.

For a step-by-step troubleshooting method that applies to all versions of Windows 9x, see the generic Windows Shutdown Troubleshooter. Some of its steps may be found to apply to Windows XP as well, though many will not.
Windows XP shutdown issues mostly center around a very few issues, especially legacy hardware and software compatibility issues.

Currently, the leading cause of Windows XP shutdown problems is hardware incompatibility, including (unsigned) driver issues. However, it is impossible to list every possible hardware or driver issue individually. My best advice is: Check all drivers for all hardware devices to ensure that they are the current best for Windows XP & check your errlog entries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back