Display Driver error causing blank laptop screen

By nargila
Nov 27, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello all, hoping I can get some help with this.

I have an HP Pavillion dv9000 laptop computer with an nvidia video card. I do not have all the specs handy but due to the problem I'll explain below.

I had been playing WoW for a while when occasionally the game would freeze and my monitor would switch off and on and there would be a message stating the display driver had to be reinitialized. I didnt think anything of it but then it happened one time and I got a blue screen message that flashed on and off quickly before the computer shut down. I couldnt make out much beyond "display driver error" and when i turned the computer back on the monitor was totally blank no matter how many times i rebooted. I let the computer sit for a while unplugged and with the battery removed and it began working properly but then it happened again and now it is not returning to normal. I cannot see anything but I can hear the computer working. Anyone have any ideas what I can do about this?

Thanks

-N
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

Go to HP Support and download and install the "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600" driver once again
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.