Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

rastaJAH

Untitled.png

hello techspot, I keep getting this error when I play games in my computre. what should I do to fix this error?

I get this error every once and a while. Updating your GPU drivers usually solves the issue. Do you know what GPU you are running? Post your full system specs below and then we can go from there.

Try removing all the old drivers from your OS. Then install the lastest driver. This may solve your problem. If not check into your video card. Make sure it is not overheating. 9500 gt is a older card. Could be its getting ready to go out on you.

How can I remove older drivers from my OS?, and yes its quite overheating. how can I keep it cool for the mean time while I don't have any spare. ahmmm can I also ask what is the best minimum video card for my system that can also run pc games?

Thanks a lot sir Cobalt006. I'll do the steps you've given me then I'll let you know what will be the results. I'll be waiting for sir JC713's reply.

Ok, sorry for the late response. I completely missed the alert for this thread. There is actually a process you need to follow for installing the GPU driver. Like cobalt said, you need to clean install it. You can do this through the installer itself though. No need for outside tools unless really necessary.

Proceed as follows:
1) Download the latest driver from here.
2) Launch the installer.
3) Choose the "Custom Install" option.
4) Tick the checkbox stating "Clean Install".
5) Proceed with the installation.

This will install the latest driver and remove the old one to resolve any conflicts.

If that doesn't work, there may be an issue with the GPU. Before we proceed to recommending new hardware, let's see if my suggestion above works. Also, try upgrading Windows 8 to version 8.1. It is free and it may help.

Sir JC713, I've done the steps of removing and installing new driver but I can't upgrade my windows 8. I lack an update, guess I'll wait for the update for windows 8.1.

Sir. chip igmo. how can I do that? I'm not familiar with metro screen.

sir. JC713, the error is still popping up, I think I need to replace my GPU.

Where are you hoping to purchase the parts from? misor Does the Philippines have its own computer hardware store or something similar to Amazon?

League of Legends, Assassin's Creed and GTA IV. I also want to install new games with high required graphics in the near future. Maybe I can buy GPU first then RAM after I get enough money again.

Well in order to play at higher graphics settings you will need at least a $200 GPU and at least 8GB of RAM. The CPU may begin to bottleneck also.

Well in order to play at higher graphics settings you will need at least a $200 GPU and at least 8GB of RAM. The CPU may begin to bottleneck also.
The 9500 GT performance doesn't seem to be the issue and a $100 card would be satisfactory. Which would be a massive upgrade to the 9500 GT.

GeForce 9500 GT DDR2 vs GeForce GTX 750

Even the GT 440 would be twice the performance of a 9500 GT. A $200 card would consume more power. If you choose to go with a $200 card, please make sure you have a power supply that will support the cards power requirements.

The 9500 GT performance doesn't seem to be the issue and a $100 card would be satisfactory. Which would be a massive upgrade to the 9500 GT.

GeForce 9500 GT DDR2 vs GeForce GTX 750

Even the GT 440 would be twice the performance of a 9500 GT. A $200 card would consume more power. If you choose to go with a $200 card, please make sure you have a power supply that will support the cards power requirements.
You are definitely right :D. I completely overlooked that!

Thank you for the tips sir JC713 and sir cliffordcooley. what name of the GPU should I buy? that can play a higher graphics?

The AMD R7 250X is probably the best GPU for 100 USD. That is one option. Another is to get a $60 GPU like the GT 630 or GT 730 and put the extra cash to more RAM since you will need it.

Back