Display problems after reconnecting LG monitor from notebook to original CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, can someone give me some advice? I have an LG Flatron L1910BA monitor a few years old. worked perfectly fine. connected it to my ancient Toshiba Satellite and enjoyed the big screen display. worked fine. then when i reconnect it back to the original CPU (Korean TG Dreamsys) the display is completey horrid. all the text is absolutley tiny (maybe 2 point font - or less!), the icons are distorted in size but semi-coherent. What can I do? when i go into windows xp safe mode the display is the same. i have the original monitor drivers but i can't read the control panel as the windows that pop up are about 1" x 1" in size. It's really insane. and I don't know what to do or even where to begin. Thanks for any help that you give!

There was a driver (or other install software) for the LG Flatron L1910BA that came on disc with the monitor. It is probably downloadable from LG. If not, we have two.

thanks raybay i have the drivers, the problem is i can't see anything enough to navigate through the control panel steps! i have tried running my notebook at the same time so that i can follow along, but literally the control panel windows that pop up on the flatron are displayed as so tiny and miniscule that it is impossible to even make out which button to click ... or where the button might be! this is what's leading me to tears.

yes, the monitor works perfectly when connected to my toshiba satellite. here is the most recent update: in all modes everything is really tiny and too small to see, except i have found when i Enable VGA mode. now everything is acually fairly large but finally i can see what's happening. the new problem: when i go to Monitor Tab under the Advanced portion of the Settings section of the Display section of Control Panel... it does not let me set preferences. It is grey. What can I do at this point?

i think i'm making progress. after going in through the Enable VGA mode, i changed the screen resolution in the Display Settings, and restarted the computer and now i can see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back