DNS Problems

I lost internet connection yesterday at my home. I thought it was my internet provider having issues. I checked to see if it worked this morning, and it said
DNS_PROBE_Finished_Bad_Config so I did the following
1. Reset my router
2. Flushed the DNS
3. I entered the Preferred DNS of 8.8.8.8 and the alternate as 8.8.4.4 That seemed to fix the issue with my computer connecting to the internet but not mobile phones.
I don't know if it's the router or something else. Thank you

The mobile cellphones do not connect (normally when wifi is disabled) via the router, but access your cellphone provider. In this mode, connection issues need to be solved via the help desk @ the provider.

When the phone is wifi enabled, then the cell browser should use your router & the DNS you've shown.
How to Enable Wi-Fi Calling on an Android Phone
  1. Pull down the notification shade and long-press the Wi-Fi icon to enter Wi-Fi settings.
  2. Scroll to the bottom and select “Wi-Fi Preferences”.
  3. Tap “Advanced”.
  4. Select Wi-Fi Calling and flip the switch to “On”.

If you entered preferred DNS settings on windows it leads me to believe that the ISP DNS is not functional for some reason. Ideally you point your router DNS to googles or change your DNS servers on your mobile.

This is relevant if youre only having connectivity issues on WIFI and not 3/4g. If youre having 3g/4g issues contact your ISP directly so that they can tackle the issue from their end.

Back