Do I really need vista to play games for windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LXIX

My cousin told me that I needed to have Vista to play games marked with the Games for Windows Live header. (i.e. Every game out) I usually buy my games through digital download but I was going to go to the store and actually pick up hard copies of some games. Is that true that I need Vista to run "games for windows" games or will it work on XP. Seems that making the games that way would make them lose a lot of money.

It depends on the video card you have in your XP machine. If you only have on-board video or a crappy video card, Vista and it's approved hardware would be better at gameplay

Well I definitely can run the games but he was telling me there was a lock kind of like trying to run DX 10 without vista, it won't work. So from what you say I can play the games for windows games if I have a vista approved Graphics card, I do, so I can play them on XP right?

Yeah. It's "Approved" hardware, sucks balls most of the time. No offense to you or anything, that was directed towards microsoft. Our school computers are "Built for vista" with a GeForce 6200 in it, 512MB ddr, and an 80GB hd. I don't think that's so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back