TechSpot

Does a piece of software like this exist??

By tom_pearson
Jun 15, 2005
  1. Hi guys

Need to know whether a peice of software is available that logs say ten machines on a network into the same user account at the same time. so it eliminates having to individually logging each one in. Any one help!?

Thanks!

2. mikescorpio81

mikescorpio81 TS Rookie Posts: 293

Why not ghost em?

Dosen't seem like a smart thing 2 do though ... its better to have induvidual accounts isn't it??

3. Grok451

Grok451 TS Booster Posts: 85

4. tom_pearson

tom_pearson TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 47

Hmm trouble is I didn't want anything to permanant. I visit schools and look after their networks and I'm constantly logging say a suite of 15 PC's into the same network login (my admin login). and I get fed up of doing each PC individually. I'm pretty sure theres a bit of software that you can put on a "host" pc and then run it with the login details so all the rest of the PC's or a select few will login to that account. It's probably a bit over the top actually

5. tom_pearson

tom_pearson TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 47

*bump*

I'm still determined to find something!

6. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,096   +592

this is commonly referred to as a 'Shared Account'.

For Admin usage, there are several means to do remote administration, but I
    think you're trying to get all Client systems to share the same Server ID and data. In the corporate world this is a big no no! Loss of accountability,
    version control, as well as backup issues.

With Windows XP, the Shared Documents folder works well. Can't you use the
    normal Shares?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.