TechSpot

Does anyone here have the ASUS 8800 GTS?

By partymandk
Sep 16, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi there,

do anyone here have the ASUS 8800 GTS card, and can tell a bit about the noice from the cooling fan.

I just looked up the eVGA card, and that seems nice to, so whichever card make the least amount of noice gets my attention :) and money... but i need the geeks here to tell me - i don't trust the manufacturer enough on that point.

And i could'nt see it in the review.

sincerely
    Kenneth andersen (Party)
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Post moved to it`s own thread in the proper forum.
  3. Sorrow

Sorrow TS Rookie Posts: 141

Well i hear the 8800's aren't suppose to be that silent because their big, they eat lots of power, and i guess they get really hot too. I Think i'll just say for you to try out eVGA sometimes because they're pretty reputable
  4. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,624

actually, I have 2 8800GTS one 320MB and one 640MB in 2 systems and I do not even notice any sound from either.they are both good cards and the onle reason I ended up with 2 is that I was testing the video card on another computer that it turns out the MB had went out on, as a matter of fact I will have both in another couples of days, I say that and we all know how RMA's go and it might be another week.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.