Does BF2 Get Boring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envergure

Based on reviews, previews, the demo, and friends' comments, it seems all the maps in BF2 are very similar (urban setting, air & armor and plenty of stationary weapons; same problem I had with BFV) and, therefore, it gets boring after just a few months.

On the other hand, plenty of people are hooked on it. There are hundreds of gameplay videos on YouTube to prove it. Plus there's an impressive modding community out there creating thousands of maps and weapons (I'm stoked to see the Sandbox mod).

I got BF42 and it took about two and a half years to get boring (mods included). I have the demo of BF2 (Gulf of Oman 16 singleplay, 16 & 32 multiplay (no servers)) and I haven't gotten bored of that yet (75 or so plays over about a year).

So what are your opinions?

I tried BF2 demo, but didn't like it much. when BF2142 i also went ahead and try their demo, and wow! i love it (maybe because their planes are easier to fly) =]
overall i play BF2142 till i got every unlock and i luve to play recon (c4 + stealth) for offensive or an engineer with pilum + motion mine + other one where it stop your vehicle for defensive. Like bf2142 , i also pre load NS once it release, till i stumble upon this game. Now i'm hook!

i stop playing dozen of my newly purchased PC games once i tried out this SIMPLE web base MMO >.<; its like coke

http://world5.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=59051363

but ya bf2142 i kinda get bored of it, maybe because I explore and know every inch of every bf2142 maps and it objective, this included Titan mode :S
All you need to do is be a squad leader, recruit a team full of experience players and set your desire location for your Becon (top of objects work best)
haven't try those new mod yet through, maybe this week I'll give it a swirl.

Personally I hate all EA games, they half-*** all their productions and end up releasing 50 of the same games over and over but diffrent themes or diffrent weapons, Notice Battlefield and SIMS?

Also when they took over Westwood ( probably the coolest game industry back in the 90s ) and totally screwed the Command & Conquer series?

That is why I hate EA, Ubisoft and Valve = awesomeness :)

If you want a FPS game that isn't boring you should get Counterstrike: source! :)

To Condor:
I got the BF2142 demo, but it wouldn't work (I suspect my six-year-old video card (ATI Radeon 9550)) Plus I'm not too keen on it because of the whole spyware thing.

To TimeParadoX:
CS:Source comes with HL2 right?
I thought about getting HL2, but it's so bloody and gory EEEEEEEEEWW:eek:! I hate that. Halo 1 was like that (sort of) but it was funny because it looked like a bomb went off in the jellybean factory :D

Thanks for your opinions!

Envergure said:
To Condor:
To TimeParadoX:
CS:Source comes with HL2 right?
I thought about getting HL2, but it's so bloody and gory EEEEEEEEEWW:eek:! I hate that. Halo 1 was like that (sort of) but it was funny because it looked like a bomb went off in the jellybean factory :D

Thanks for your opinions!

You could turn off Half-life 2's blood and same thing for CS:Source!

If you do end up getting it i'll write you a autoexec.cfg ( it's a little .txt file used to configurate the source engine's stuff like taking away blood! :) )

Plus Half-life 2 is one of the best games ever made, It has a 98/100 score and Battlefield has a 86/100 ;)

I bought the Battlefield 2 Complete collection PC-DVD about a month ago. Its boring already. 4 games on one DVD and all the expansions add is nightvision, zip line, and a bunch of maps that are all similar. Plus there is no single player "campaign". All the single player is is the multiplayer with all Bots with terrible AI. BF2142 i expect is more of the same so im not buying it. I also have BF2:Modern Combat for the Xbox. I played it for a long time on Xlive, beat the campaign and repeated all the levels to get 10/10 stars for all of them. Maybe thats why its so boring for me on the PC.

I'll also second TimeParadoX's opinion on Valve. The Half-Life series include the best games ever made. Recently Gametab did a Top 20 FPS poll of this 3D revolution.

http://www.gametab.com/news/833254/

Look whats in first? Half-Life, just because it was the first. and Half-life2 in second.

Yeah Half-life was actually the best game ever made and it was made in 1998, back when Nintendo and PS1 or ps2 ( Don't remember the dates ) were barley hitting the markets ;)

Every game can get boring. I have had bf2 since its launch and I still love it. 600 hours logged just on ranked servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back