TechSpot

Does Windows XP Pro keep a login history?

By flashmonkey
Jan 31, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. To anyones knowledge does windows XP pro keep the login history of ALL accounts (including guest and administrator) anywhere, and if so is it possible to modify/delete this?
  2. Matt_2006

Matt_2006 Newcomer, in training Posts: 16

It does, but not by default. If you want it to, open "Local Security Policy" in Administrative Tools and I think it is under audit (sorry, not logged in as Admin at the moment). These are then logged in Event Viewer under security. To delete them, you'd have to clear the entire security log. (And from memory, it logs in security when you clear the security log!)
  3. flashmonkey

flashmonkey Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 136

Thanks, I don't think it was exactly where you said, but it was close enough. Also, it does log when you clear the log, which is kind of *****ic if you ask me.
  4. imamit76

imamit76 Newcomer, in training

Hi:

I want to create a log in-log out hostory of all the users in one computer (not from network).
    The system security is not giving that options..Is there aby way t do that?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.