Don't be fooled by scamming email

cliffordcooley

I received an email with the following text.
Hello, I know your password is: ruu88897a

You got infected with my malware, RAT (Remote Administration Tool), while browsing the web where my iframe was placed, in the background you got redirected to my exploitpack, your browser wasn't patched so you got infected!

The malware gave me full control over your computer and access to all your accounts (see password above), it was also possible to turn your webcam on, you can Google about RAT's and their functionalities!

I collected all your private data and RECORDED YOU (through your webcam) SATISFYING YOURSELF!

After that I removed my malware, to not leave any traces.

I can send the video to all your contacts, over email, post on social network and everywhere else and publish all your private data everywhere, including the darknet, where the sick people are!

Only you can prevent me from doing this!

To stop me, transfer exactly 900$ in bitcoin (BTC).

If you don't know how to buy bitcoin, Google - "How to buy Bitcoin?"
Or buy bitcoin here: www.paxful.com or: www.coinbase.com

You can send direct to my wallet, or create your own wallet first here: www.login.blockchain.com/en/#/signup/ and then send to mine.

My bitcoin wallet is: <-- I'm not sharing their wallet -->

Copy and paste my wallet, it's (cAsE-sensetive)
After receiving the payment, I will delete all your data and you can life your live in peace like before.

I GIVE YOU 3 DAYS TIME!
Since I already have access to your account, I know if this email has been already read.
If you get this email multiple times, it's to make sure you read it and after payment you can ignore it.
Don't show this email to anyone, it will not help you but make everything worse, this should stay our little secret.
Next time update your browser and scan unknown files on: www.virustotal.com, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

To be clear. That is not my password. And it has been 6 years since I've had a webcam. Even if it was my password and I did have a webcam, I wouldn't play along. And neither should anyone else.

I'm sharing this. So if you see something similar. You will know it could be fake.

I'd hope no one would fall for it if it's the wrong password!

Reminds me of the robocalls I get telling me that my car warranty is about to expire. I don't have a car.

@cliffordcooley On a more serious note, I stumbled on an Indian call center operating literally out of Googles back door. The address was "google.sites.com". There are plenty of legally available "remote access trojans". Here's one. https://www.teamviewer.com/en/solut...3AWzAzcF2IfDbQ3h11nz40BIwSlarCHQaAv9jEALw_wcB

They were advertising as "toll free number for Google". I decided to play along, since the more ethical versions are RAM resident. and don't survive a reboot.

The next thing I knew, my "scan" turned up the "Koobface" infection. Which I though was rampant at Facebook, since "koobface" is nothing but an anagram of "Facebook". As I don't now, or never have been, a member of Facebook, I thought this was very strange indeed.

Then the clown started telling me "I've been on the phone with you for 20 minutes, and tried to sell me their "protection software. I politely declined, then ratted them out here. The site subsequently disappeared, although staff here denied any involvement with its absence. I changed my passwords out of prudence, but never had any further communications from them...

Last edited:
Wow. I wonder how they obtained your email address. Perhaps someone who knows you and wants to take advantage of you. Anyhow be safe.
With the amount of data breeches happening nowadays, it's quite likely all of out email addresses are somewhere out in the wild. It's more than likely if you haven't been phished at least once, they just haven'y gotten around to it yet

Or maybe the businesses you deal with are very diligent about their IT security

I'm also receiving fak email mentioning of money transfer, lottery winning and many more ..Recently, I heard several incidents who got cheated by such emails. First email-sender says you have won money and then tell you to deposit money to get the money you won..Do not get caught to scammers

I received an email with the following text.

To be clear. That is not my password. And it has been 6 years since I've had a webcam. Even if it was my password and I did have a webcam, I wouldn't play along. And neither should anyone else.

I'm sharing this. So if you see something similar. You will know it could be fake.

This is funny, you'd think if they didn't know your actual password they would just vaguely state they have your password. Anyone reading that is going to know it's not the correct password.

Ironically it's scams like this that make it harder for legitimate hackers to be taken seriously lol. If someone does actually have your personal info, they might just gloss over it as another fake.

Back