Doom 3 Runs Slow... Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtroTristis

I literaly just bought the game, and it will not run correctly. Here is what is in my computer. First off I have a ACPI Multiprossesor Pc,An Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz Prossesor, ATI Radion Xpress 200 Series Display adaptor, and a LITE-ON COMBO SOHC-5232k DVD and CD-Rom drive. If there is anything you can do to help....that would be great.

Here is what happens during the game. I get all the sound in great.... but the movies run way too slow.... I usualy just skip over them anyways.... So after you start the game... (getting off the space transport) and report to the HQ.... he has you folow this little ....... spider thing... anyway after that I go to exit mars... and it just gos black and stays that way... the game runs slow... everytime I go by something you can use it freezes for a second...everytime I go through a door it freezes for a second.... and it takes a long time just to load up the game just to play it.... I have tryed everything I could think of...

N3051M said:
See part 2 of FAQ: Help my Sims2/*insert game title here* doesn't work/Laggy! Direct X9 Problems!

although like mirob says, try it with lower settings..

is this a laptop? or a pre-built pc?

It is an older computer with a new intel motherbourd..... I have tryed it with lower settings...and shadows off and special effects off...and all of that.... I even made the video card over clock and under clock just to see if it would work...but it still takes forever to load.... I finaly just let my comp sit there as Doom was loading the next level...and it took 30min just to get the loading screen to pop up.....then it took even longer for it to load up.... I am starting to get fustrated with it..... I was able to play....but like i said.... it was slow ... and it froze verry often....

the CPU may be ok, but your bottleneck may be the video card. I am not familiar with that card. Are you AGP or PCI-E? If AGP - 2x, 4x, or 8x?

how much ram do you have also...

cfitzarl said:
Did the X200 even make the minimum system requirements list?

I think so... it said as long as it was a 3D Grafic Card it was fine.....plus the discription of this video card is a gaming video card.....

Tedster said:
the CPU may be ok, but your bottleneck may be the video card. I am not familiar with that card. Are you AGP or PCI-E? If AGP - 2x, 4x, or 8x?

how much ram do you have also...

The game needs 400mb of ram and I have 448mb of ram ....... and I am not sure what you mean by AGP or PCI-E....... The only thing that resembles anything you are talking about is ATI..... and that is the system manufac.....

Fixed It!!!

THe problum was this stupid CA SEurity Center thing..... I have to snooze it everytime I go to play but.... well it runs great! and I just played online for a little wile too! Thank you all for helping me!

i know you just fixed it to where it works now. however, even on low settings that will deter from the overall effect doom3 is suppose to give. lighting, shadows, etc were all designed to really "make" the game. it takes a somewhat powerful card to get those effects. if you dont care for that kind of thing then forget what i said. just my $.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back