TechSpot

DOOM III How to make it run.

By black_raven
Jan 21, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have downloaded doom 3 beta version and added that 1.0 alpha patch and it does the same thing when i try to play, the screen flickers really fast. i ahve a good comp 5200 video card and 1.9 ghz barton but i rembering seeing a fix that puts drivers for old video cards even though mine isnt old. Do you now how to fix this problem so i can play? Please HELP!
  2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

I think a number of people here are going to tell you that downloading the Doom III beta is not legal and therefore isn't deserving of a reply.
  3. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

Rick is quite right!

There is no way in h... that you've gotten ahold of a legal version of D3, and since TechSpot has a very clear policy on piracy (which is that we don't condone it) you won't be getting any public help...
    There could be someone who'd PM you though :/

Anyways, not quite sure what framerates you'd be able to get out of it even if you did manage to make it run...
    The FX5200 isn't, I'm sorry to say, a very good card when it comes to speed...
    Thus you'll either have crawling speed, or you'll be running a path optimized for GeForce 4 or earlier, which means less eye candy...
  4. cslord15

cslord15 TS Rookie Posts: 47

My GOD you have 2 posts about illegally downloaded games... Someone remove both these posts and ban him from the website
  5. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

He doesn't need to be banned. He just needs to be more careful.
  6. Wrath of God

Wrath of God TS Rookie

lol...calm down
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.