DotNet Nuke - Is it a good website dev tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

subcan

I am presently trying to figure out my best avenue of approach to designing a webpage for myself and one for my company (CA ARNG).

I have put a lot of effort and research into this and believe that using DotNet Nuke would likely be the easiest solution.

My goal is to create a Business Webpage for myself, which can be done with little trouble using Visual Web Developer 2008 Express or Dreamweaver.

The webpage I want to make for my CA ARNG company is a little more complex. It will need an intro page, login/ registration page, forum, user photo albums, etc... similar to Facebook (of course not as complex, just similar) and it will have to be accessible by command personnel as administrators.

Would DotNet Nuke make this an easier accomplishment? I am not completely up to speed with web programming. I do want to learn how to web program, but do not want to wait until I do to have an up and running application.

I am also looking at having http://www.ihostasp.net/SharedHosting/DNNCompare.asp host my site. Does anyone know if this company is solid?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

SUBcan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back