Down to the final decision over Graphics board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Investors

How does All-IN-WONDER RADEON 7500 sound for my system?

My system:

Window XP Professional 2002

Intel Petium III Processor with 450MHz and 320 MB RAM

Monitor: Gateway EV 700

Current Graphics Board: Aging ATI Rage 128 VR AGP

Thanks.

And Here are the full specs of ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON 7500:

Computer System
System Type PC
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP
Slot Type 1 x AGP
AGP Support AGP 4x

Features
Installed Video Memory 64 MB
Memory Technology DDR SDRAM
Resolution 2048 x 1536
Refresh Rate at Max Resolution 75 Hz
Color Depth at Maximum Resolution 24 Bit
Included Cables 1 x display adapter - external, 1 x A/V cable - external
Included Software Drivers & Utilities
Video Chipset ATI RADEON 7500
RAMDAC Speed 800 MHz
Video Compression Standards MPEG-2
Video Standards NTSC, SECAM, PAL, PAL-B/G, PAL-I, PAL-K, PAL-D, SECAM-M, SECAM L - RGB, S-Video, Composite video
Graphic Features SuperScalar Rendering (SSR), Twin-Cache Architecture (TCA), CHARISMA ENGINE, HyperZ technology, PIXEL TAPESTRY architecture, VIDEO IMMERSION, Texture compositing, Single-pass multi-texturing, Edge anti-aliasing, Full-screen anti-aliasing
Graphic Effects Bump mapping, Bilinear filtering, Environment mapping, MIP-mapping, Trilinear filtering, Perspective correction, Specular effects, Anti-aliasing, Clipping, Texture morphing, Fog effects, Shadows, Spotlights, Texture lighting
TV Tuner Yes
TV Out Yes
Type of Video Card 2D/3D graphics acceleration

General Info
Warranty Information 3 year
Manufacturer Part No. 100-711011

the 7500 would work but I would be more inclined towards the Radeon 8500DV which is a all in wonder card. but it does cost about 50.00 more.

Why didn't you just tack this on to your "little help" thread you posted the other day? It helps to keep all the information in 1 spot, and to keep the board less cluttered.

Are you sure? Do you think my system can handle it? Do you advise purchasing the board online? I have done online purchases many times, but when it comes to the board, I am not really sure. What if it doesn't fit and I have to return it although I am sure it will likely to fit?

if your system will handle a 7500 it will handle a 8500. I usually purchase from newegg.com they are reputable and reasoably priced.

circuit city handles the 8500DV boards but youwill pay more than buying online.

No, I meant I was trying to purchase a 7500. I currently have ATI RAGE 128 VR AGP. Is a 7500 going to work, you think? in terms of power supply, cooling rate? because I never turn off my computer.

I would strongly recommend the DDR model. It's probably only 10 dollars more and will give you more for your money while still being modest. SDR memory is very slow and perhaps games will run slowly anyway with your CPU, but it will be nice to be able to turn the textures and image quality up a notch.

Originally posted by Investors
No, I meant I was trying to purchase a 7500. I currently have ATI RAGE 128 VR AGP. Is a 7500 going to work, you think? in terms of power supply, cooling rate? because I never turn off my computer.

Look out for Gigabyte and Hercules brands of ATI cards...these cards have better cooling than the ATI ones.

Originally posted by Investors

It depends, what's the manufacturer and rating of your PSU? If it's a Gateway system, like your monitor, it might be underpowered.

AIW7500 has DDR, Rick. Perhaps you misread the specs? My 7500 has DDR; I think they all do...

If you have the money I would reccomend getting an 8500DV, but go ahead and get the 7500 if you're not gonna playing very many graphically intensive games.

Any all in wonder won't work with my system. They do not provide a plug in for a CRT monitor.

Now, the decision is down to whether ATI Radeon 7500 or 8500.

64 MB or 128 MB considering my system?

I think the AIW's just have a DVI output, which can easily be adapted into a VGA output with a simple adapter included with your card.

I'd say 8500 - definitely worth the performance boost, and it will last you a lot longer.

Originally posted by Vehementi
AIW7500 has DDR, Rick. Perhaps you misread the specs? My 7500 has DDR; I think they all do...

Perhaps. I believe I read the message wrong.

Wait, I don't understand your previous message. Are you saying all in wonders come with an adopter that allows a connection to a CRT monitor?

deltachrome

s3 is coming out with a card faster than the 9700 @ 90 bucks....20k plus on 3d mark......unbelievable

JSR, check under "Frontpage News"... You'll find it posted there too, and with more info on (probable) release time...

Investor, what do you mean? Whether a card has DDR or (vanilla) SDRAM doesn't affect how you connect it to a monitor...

The AIW comes with one analog output and one DVI (digital)... The analog can be used to output to a CRT, whereas you'll need a dongle (converter) to use the DVI output on a CRT...

Is that what you were asking about or?

Haven't checked this thread for a year... It is kind of impressive that TechSpot has everything on its record...

I ended up going with Sapphire ATI Radeon 7500. It didn't work on my Tabor III motherboard with Pentium III 450MHz. Now, I am undertaking a total upgrade and replacement of my system.

It was a mistake to purchase that video card as I haven't been able to use it for almost a year. There is no doubt it will work on my new system, but now, it has aged quite a bit. Thanks, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back