Downgrading from vista to xp pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a new laptop Asus G1S and it came with vista on it. Im tryin to install xp pro but it is coming up with "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer....."

Any ideas how to get past that??

You need a sata driver on floopy disk then press F6 during the installation process for third party scsi or raid driver.
Xp was written long before sata hard drives existed.

I tried that but it comes back to the same error about not find hard disk drives. ill try another driver but where would you recommend downloading it from

the driver u need will be at the site of the manufacturer of the mb. u may have to search on their site find it, but it will be there unless the mb is a brand new build that the man. did not ever expect any one to put XP on.

Skydiver

[CENTER][/CENTER]I just purchased a Desk Top with 2GB Ram and 320 Hard drive memory with Vista OS. I don't have a Office Suite program installed yet. I've don't know if to go with Office 2007 Home/Student version beta or go with an indepentant company like sun microsystems with their StarOffice 8. Any recommendation? Or advice?

Christopher

SkyDiver, you need to make a new thread of your own for you question instead of using somebody elses.
But for your question I would go with MS Office 2007.

skydiver

I've never been on a message board before so I'm not familar with proper message board behavior/communication. How do I create a thread for my question? I just new confused new guy in the neighborhood.

Christopher

Just click on the forum you want to go to, like this one is called "WINDOWS OS". At the top of the page you can click on "NEW THREAD" and there there you can start your own.

Sorry Ragnorak for taking the focus away from your topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back