Download of the Week: PortableApps Suite

By Jos
Jul 17, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For years, USB Flash Drives have provided a convenient way of transferring files from one computer to another or carrying around data you need to access while on the go. Now, with 16GB sticks selling for $40 or even less, they have reached a point where you can do far more with them. The PortableApps Suite is a compilation of free and open source software for Windows preconfigured to work from your USB drive, and integrated with a sleek customizable menu.

Read the whole story
  2. A great mobile app, the only problem is that you have ejecting your device after installation.
  3. Yes i agree but for once i'd like to see the site post some software that hasnt been around the forum block a couple of times, come on man we all know this software, do some real mouse work and find some nuggets, be different for a change.
  4. strategic

strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,274

This software works great, I've been using it on my flashdrive for years.
    Others may even want to consider using it on their computer it's perfect for occasional use as it doesn't bog the system down with resources. The OpenOffice suite is especially awesome, and can do most of what MS Office can do. :)
  5. strategic

strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,274

You might want to check the running processes on your PC, I've had that problem many times and it's simply because the PC has "too much too think about"...
  6. ethanbsmith

ethanbsmith Newcomer, in training

I am very happy with techspot
  7. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 668   +22

Thats interesting as this is the first time I have come across this software so its news to me and I am happy that Techspot has brought it to my attention.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.