Downloads

New here, found you by accident as am desperately looking for Lightroom 5 and found it here.
Not used to downloading from unknown sites...So just not sure how I can find out this is legit and I am not going to compromise my computer.
Am traveling and taking loads of images... my computer is too old to upgrade and can take 5 or 6.
So the basic story is, how do I know this download is going to not hurt my computer :) thanks

Download to HD and then use your AV software to scan it before installing.
read CAREFULLY as it installs and do NOT allow any add-on products to be also installed (just to be safe).

Copy that! You are amazing, thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I appreciate it. I will nervously do this :) haha.
What is your opinion on Bitdefender Antivirus, Avast Free Antivirus or Webroot Secure anywhere?

My personal choice is Avast Free! for the reason it is not reactive but proactive to avoid infection(s) before they are applied to code on the HD. A great many advocate products by M$ for loyalty or other reasons, but the fact still remains there are FEW proactive anti-virus products.

Your mileage may vary :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back