TechSpot

DRAM market remains unstable amid weak demand

By Matthew
Aug 22, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. As industry insiders predicted less than a month ago, DRAM prices have continued descending through August and the market is still surrounded by uncertainty for the remainder of 2011. According…

Read the whole story
  2. Tanstar

Tanstar TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 196   +18

3. Tomorrow_Rains

Tomorrow_Rains TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 179

I still dont understand why older ram is more expensive.
  4. blimp01

blimp01 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 157

I wish these prices would affect the corsair dominator ram, I would love to see some 2133 MHz sticks for like 25 bucks
  5. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TechSpot Maniac Posts: 488   +10

One thing that may contribute to low demand is how Motherboard manufacturers limit the max memory now that a Windows 64bit OS holds more or less 50% of the market.

Give us more slots and raise the memory max for cheaper motherboards. They don't advertise the benefits of having more memory... The free lunch is over - Tech people are buying up ram, but that is not enough since you are floading the market. We cannot keep up. I'm still on DDR2 and I have several machines. Only if I buy something new will I be upgrading. You got to advertise to the mainstream. Intel is doing it with their processors... educate people about memory. And make it less confusing.
  6. monkeychef23

monkeychef23 TechSpot Member Posts: 91

I do want to point out that the 8gb Ripjaws that I purchased during black friday sales were around $50 on sale. Now there normal price is below what I paid. OMG!
  7. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 Newcomer, in training Posts: 489

I have my eye on the Corsair Vengeance 16GB LP DDR3-1600 kit for my next upgrade. I'm hoping for some more price drops in their excellent line although the prices at present are already very reasonable.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.