By Tweakster
May 10, 2002
  1. I recently fixed my dreamcaast with a pencil (Joypads didnt work)
    and i have got MSR. Metropolis street racer but i cant seem to be geting anywhere fast any help ?
  2. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,704

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? :confused:

Give us your problem in greater detail, and we may be able to help...
    Also how did you fix your DC with a pencil??
  3. Tweakster

Tweakster TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 199

I found an article on SEGA forums saying that the reason my console was booting but Joooypads not working was because a Blue resister had blown! (Rings: Orange Brown White White) 5 Ohms.

So i decided forget the silly pissing about paying 50 quid to send it to SEGA or Evern changing resister by hand i would simply bridge the gap.
    I used a cheap pencil (low in lead) and applied 3 strokes of the pencil between the solder of the resister thus bridging the gap.

And sorted i have used to console for 4 3 hour periods with 2 joypads and it functions fine.

Now if will be buying Shemnue 2 any one played it ?
  4. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,202   +422

I've played it for about 20 minutes - the PAL version - and it was good - if you liked Shenmue then you'll like part 2. Nice fix on the DC btw - I lost one that way and I just got rid of it - didn't know that was all I had to do to fix it. Wish you'd have come here sooner and said that.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.