Dricver problem while installing VISTA ULTIMATE..

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoeseat

i started installing vista today.But the problem came while choosing the drive.
the error at the buttom says the the device driver(Primary IDE) is not insatlled for the drive...The error shows for all three drive i had(c,d,e).I have XP installed in my computer.my system specification is below(although its low but still i want to install Vista anyway):

motherbord:Intel 845 GV..somehting
graphics card:Geforcefx 5200 128MB
RAM:394
Liteon DVDRW
anything more reqd....
By the way all my drives are in NTFS format and i have installed the IDE drive of motherboard.]
Please help me anyone...

Your motherboard/drivers/bios may not support Vista. See if you can find the correct make and model of your motherboard and check it's website for Vista compatibility. Your stated motherboard "Intel 845 GV..somehting" may only be the motherboard's chipset, and not it's manufacturer

Thank You!
i ran vista upgrade advisor.it shows that RAM is not enough(but i can fix that if Vista works in my PC).And for my main problem(Prmary IDE channel) it displays message like this:

There is no compatibility data available for this device. For more information, go to the device manufacturer's website or Windows Marketplace, or contact your retailer.

and i don't know what it's saying.what sort of driver do i need to install.And My motherborad is Intel 845 (.Not only chipset.) . Where can i find the driver.And does the error exactly mean by Primary IDE channel.Is it hard disk or motherboard or datacable of motherboard.
Ther is no other problem shown by vista advisor..
Please help me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back