Drive doesn't work

MysterioMask

I have Mybook 500 GB drive with the green front ring. It was working perfectly fine no problems whatsoever. But i was formatting it to NTSF was in a Fat system after someone plugged it into an Xbox, the format was going fine but then i accidentally cancelled the format. Now it does not read in My computer, does not show up in disk management and I can only find it now in device manager. But cant really use it. I tried some of the different drive utilitys that were suggested in the sticky post but nothing seems to recognize the drive because its not in my computer or disk management.

So anyone have any suggestions? I mean it was perfectly fine untill i cancelled the format

Try to open the drive up and connect the disk directly to a computer. See if you can format it this way. You can diagnose the issue much better this way (does it show up at POST? does it show in computer management? etc). Just a suggestion.

Im running a couple other diagnostics right now, then im going to attempt to freeze it and try it if that doesnt work ill have to crack the case open, its one of those mybooks so its not as easy to open as others. Thats why im opening it last.

Back