Driver error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nst

Hi guys, don't post here often, so apologies in advance if I do something illegal. As far as I can gather, I should be posting in the right forum. I've been having system stability problems for awhile, but the system seemed to have stabilised until recently when it started acting up again.

Have tried the steps in the sticky above on refreshing the page file. defragging etc. Problem still hasn't gone away. All rams have cleared 7 cycles of memtest at 2.65 volts and 2.6 volts without problems, though everything has been reset to stock already.

My system specs are as follows :
AMD 64X2 4200+
MSI K8N Neo 4 Platinum
2 x 512mb Kingston CH5 PC3200 DDR
2 x 512mb Mushkin Black Line BH5 DDR
Inno 6600GT 128mb
Creative Audugy ZS Platinum
BenQ 1640
Gigabyte CD-RW
Hitachi/IBM 80GB SATA II
Western Digital 240GB SATA HD
Verudium Vortex 430W

Am fairly sure its not a power issue and the core temp never exceeds 49 degrees even at full load. Its about 44/45 idle. Am guessing it might be the soundcard though... Anyone able to help?

Would be most grateful for any assistance and thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Mini052907-03.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 6
  • Mini053107-01.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 5
hmm, there is a slight problem though... those drivers are for a Nforce 3 chipset. Mine is Nforce 4.... i'm not sure if the drivers are the same...

I think you have a hardware problem. How long have you had that RAM setup? Memtest isn't perfect.

long. have had the ram setup for 2 yrs. it was operating fine when the system was first set up

For some reason I'm unable to format all of your dumps correctly, i.e. wrong symbols error. The one that looks to be hardware related is one of them.

Follow the instructions at the end of this THREAD and attach the txt file for dump Mini052907-03.dmp.

peterdiva you may need to reload the Symbol files... They have gone corrupt on me before.

Minidumps point to:

Ntoskrnl.exe
Nvnrm.sys
Amdk8.sys
Nvata.sys

It's time to perform a Google search on these yourself NST. I have done what I can

thanks for the assistance peter and tmagic. I'll try testing out manually to see if I can isolate the problem via the four mentioned files. peter, not sure if this is the right text file. DO let me know if it isn't. thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back