TechSpot

Driver Identification and Direct X9.0c issues

By Servat8s
Dec 19, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How do you find out what kind of driver you have?

I recently bought the Sims 2 and I'm having trouble opening up the program...
    It comes up with this message: "Failed to fnd any Direct X9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please Make sure you have a Direct X 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."

After I got that error, I downloaded Direct X9.0c and it still comes up with that message. So I guessed that I'd have to update my drivers. How can I find out what kind of drivers I have?
    The computer is a Sony Vaio that uses Windows XP and uses a Intel Pentium 4 processor.
  2. boomermit

boomermit TS Rookie

Failed to fnd any Direct X9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please Make sure you have a Direct X 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."
    help
  3. Dabears

Dabears TS Rookie Posts: 53

Servat8s, your video card is a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 right? That is what it said on your profile. You should look on www.nvidia.com for drivers.
  4. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas TS Rookie Posts: 718

On Windows XP go to control panel. Select 'system'. Then choose the 'hardware' tab. Then choose 'device manager". You will see a tree of all of your system's hardware devices. Click on 'display adapter'. The video card that you are using will show up, and you can select driver information. You can select 'update drivers'. If your Sony Vaio has a graphics card installed, go to that manufacturer's website and under 'support' you should see 'drivers' as a choice. Go ahead and download the latest drivers that apply to the model of graphics card, and your O.S. Good Luck.
  5. yanskie

yanskie TS Rookie

hello

how could i get and download direct x9.0c? i really need it verry urgent.
    pls help me.
  6. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You can get DirectX 9.0C from HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  7. kpo6969

kpo6969 TS Maniac Posts: 875

You need to be using driver 162.18
    The 5000 series was just added to this Forceware series.
  8. Tmommie

Tmommie TS Rookie

Helllp Plz

MY COMPUTER IS SAYING MY direct x9.0c IS CORUPTED HOW CAN I FIX IT I AM SOO LOST IN WHAT TO DO
  9. Denabug09

Denabug09 TS Rookie

Sims 2 and directx 9.0c

I have the same proublem as many of the people on here with sims

it shows a no directx 9.0c compatable something, and stops sims...... but makes it different is that i've had sims on my computer before and ive this proublem before and i figured it out, but i have no idea what's wrong with it this time

please help!! i'm a sims 2 addict >.<
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.