TechSpot

Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal BSOD

By Cristi
Jul 1, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Please help me. I am getting the BSOD constantly and cant do any work on my PC. It started happening once a day but now it's all day long. First time it started I hadn't installed anything for about 2 months so no changes or anything to justify it. I've tried many things and updated all my drivers etc.

Please take a look at my .dmp files and hopefully someone can help me identify the problem. I don't have the knowledge or software to read it myself.

Attached Files:

2. Cristi

Cristi TS Rookie Topic Starter

I forgot to write that I run windows 7 and did memory tests, everything checks out. Also PC was cleaned about 2 months ago so I doubt it's dust or anything like that. I ran sigverif and it found the driver for CMedia not verified but I can't do anything about that, I searched and there is no updated driver.

3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,987   +168

If you can, check or replace the hard drive. To check the drive go to Computer. Right-click on the C drive. Select properties, tools, check now. Put a check mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up. Make sure there are no (!) yellow exclamation points in the device manager

4. Cristi

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have checked my C drive, no errors, no bad sectors, files etc. volume was clean. Also I have checked device manager and there were no yellow marks or unidentified devices. That was one of the first things I checked.

5. Tmagic650

If there is any more BSOD's post the new minidumps...

6. Cristi

Unfortunately I got a new one. Thank you for helping me out. Is there a way to make an exception for that CMedia driver for the verifier? Just in case it's causing a problem.

Attached Files:

7. Tmagic650

The new minidump is the same as the others. What are you complete computer specs, including the hard drive make and model?

8. Cristi

OK here they are.

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
    AMD Athlon II X2 245
    4.00 GB RAM Dual Channel DDR2 @ 267MHz
    ASRock ALiveDual-eSATA2 (CPUSocket)
    Philips 190C
    512MB GeForce 210
    195GB Western Digital WDC WD2000JB-00REA0 ATA Device
    HL-DT-ST DVD - RAM GH22NP20 ATA Device
    C-Media CM6501 Like Sound Device

9. Tmagic650

That Western Digital 200GB IDE drive is pretty old. Because the minidumps are still pointing to a hard drive issue, I would suggest that you replace it...

10. Cristi

Thank you for your time again. Yes, I know it's an old one. If I replace it, wouldn't I need to replace my motherboard too? I am asking because the new ones have different connections and maybe my old motherboard won't support it.

11. Tmagic650

12. Cristi

OK I understand. I will try changing it and let you know if the BSOD stops. I really hope it will. Thank you very much for your help.

13. Tmagic650

You're very welcome:) Good luck!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.