"Driver irql not less or equal" error when opening games

I started getting this error yesterday while playing a game and I am really worried because I replaced some of my computer parts(motherboard, cores, video card, power supply) over Christmas. After I got a blue screen error, the computer reset and asked me if I wanted to restore to a point it was still working at. I clicked yes and restored it. However, Windows started and then crashed again without me having open a game. I finally opened in safe mode and then reset the computer and opened it in regular mode with no problems. I attached the two minidump files associated with the crashes. Any help would be much appreciated, much thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    39.4 KB · Views: 2
The minidumps point to a few things. Drivers & Hardware, memory, etc.

One dump suggests you graphics drivers so make quite sure you have them up to date. Sometimes they can get corrupted so as a precaution download the latest driver and then go into Device Manager right click on the graphics card and select properties and then under the drivers tab click on Uninstall. Then reinstall the new driver.

The other dump names rdyboost.sys which is a windows driver. Its used to make the system run better if you have less than 2GB of memory, if you have 2GB or more then you can disable it in System Services by following this guide.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2495-services-start-disable.html

When you say you reset the computer what exactly did you do, a system restore? If you are not getting any further errors you have little to be concerned with, the problem is fixed.

If you get any further BSOD's then post the minidumps and we can go deeper in to diagnosing the problem.

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I did not actually manually reset the computer, what I meant was that the computer automatically restarted after the blue screen error and asked me if I wanted to do a system restore which I accepted to. So far I have not gotten any new BSOD but I will try to disable the service you mentioned since I am using 4gbs of ram. I am also running Windows 7, so I believe all the drivers are usually automatically updated but I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver for the graphics card. Once again thanks a lot for your help.

You welcome and hope it continues to stay trouble free.

For your information Windows 7 will keep its self up to date as long as you have Auto Update turned on but it will not make any checks on third party drivers.

Back