TechSpot

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000d1 crash

By akclam
Mar 12, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,

I have been having a recurring problem lately where my laptop would repeatedly go to the blue screen with an error stated "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". I have included the DMP file for reference and a TXT document.

It seems to be when I go online or do anything streaming related that this screen comes up. All other things i do in windows seems fine.

I would really appreciate anyone's expertise or help on this.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Mark56

Mark56 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,889

The error code d1 usually relates to drivers and the text file shows it as nqdgknvw.sys which I could not find doing a search. This could be a virus so download , install, update and run a full system scan with malwarebytes from the link below.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Another device to check is your network adapter. Go into device manager, clcik on the + next to Network adapters and then right click on the adapter, select properties and then under the driver tab select update driver and see if it finds any update which it will install.

If none of the above create any improvements then follow this guide to try and find any faulty drivers.

3. war59312

war59312 TS Booster Posts: 117

Indeed, and looks like the file is new, dated Sat Mar 05 09:10:16 2011 .

So did you install anything around that date? Can you use system restore and go back before that time?

Also, open \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\ directory and right click on nqdgknvw.sys and then properties and see if it shows anything to help you figure out what it is.

Try renaming the file and see if it breaks anything? Be careful if you try this one. Might not boot up next time, so be prepared to have a way to rename it back just in case.