Driving me CRAZY

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so I've used 20 cd r's and tried compressing through operating system, but still have gotten nowhere. Trying to take video from an 8mm camcorder and burn it on a data disc, so as when it is put into any computer, new or old, it will automatically play. Problem is, video is way to big to fit on the discs and dob't know how to compress it through Nero so it fits. Have tried video cd, but end up with alot of file icons (which are confusing to clients) and have to open the proper file with the "how would you like to open this" whcih is also confusing and time consuming. Any suggestions? Anyone. Many thanks........Scott

Most video files such as DivX and Mpeg4 are alredy compressed, and cant be compressed any further. If you really want to put it on a cd you will have to divide the film into sections eg. 1000mgs = 2x 500mb parts. As far as i know this can be achieved with windows movie maker, or any other video authoring software.

Hope this helps, if you really want it on one cd, try a Dual Layer DVD rewirter you'll be able to fit it on there.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back