DSL in a 3 story house (Help Please!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JET673_311

I would like some suggestions on my situation. I am currently in the process of upgrading to Alltel DSL. I have a 3 story house, counting the basement, and a computer on each level. Two of these computers are relatively good computers. The one on the second story is a Compaq Presario 6000 60GB 1.9Ghz 256 RAM. The one in the basement is an HP Pavilion a350y 120Gb 2.8Ghz 512 RAM. The one on the middle floor is the problem. It's an old Monorail. These all must be connected to DSL. I know the Monorail must have a NIC or Ethernet card. An X-Box also needs to be connected, it is near the Compaq. What would be the easiest and cheapest way to connect all these systems?? Your answers would be much appreciated.

- Please use proper thread titles
Didou

A very helpful title you have there.. Who would have thought that someone may be looking for help in these forums. And of course noone would actually bother to reply unless you put a "please" in.. And we do have a networking forume here you know..

Anyways.. Just buy a broadband router and run a network cable to all your machines. Most routers have 4 local ports on them so you can have all your devices covered. There are literally billions of guides on home networking including dozens of threads on the same old subject on these very forums.

Also JET673_311, welcome to TechSpot, hope you stick around.

Look at this guide right here at TechSpot and see if this doesn't help any, might be just what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back