Dual channel memory in over 1 gig

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased everything i needed for my new system except the memory as the motherboard supports dual channel pc3200/2700/2100 up to 2 gig. Here's the deal though, i can find 1 gig of dual channel memory but it is 512x2, is there no such thing as 2 gig dual channel 1024x2? I want to max out the memory but am unable to find what i need.:eek:

Chris

p.s. i only have 2 memory slots that's why i need two 1024's

i dont know anyone that makes pc3200 1gb's

what speed are u looking for? obviously lower down the speeds its easier to get 1gb's tho... such as pc2100 ecc stuff is common for servers and the like

The thing is i can find regular ddr all day long in 1 gb modules but i can't find dual channel ram in pairs higher than 512.

You don't need matched pairs to run dual-channel, it doesn't make any difference whatsoever. Matched pair are only useful if you overclock, so that both modules will reach similar speeds.

In all honesty, after my experiences with Dual Channel ddr boards I would now suggest to anyone who plans to run in this mode to buy the pairs as a kit. Had some bad experiences revolving around the RAM that really lowered the stability of the machine, but only in certain applications (AC2 at the time.)

2x1gb dual channel ram

hey i have a set i got from new egg its Geil pc3200 (2x1gb) with blue heat spreaders i love em.. good price too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back