Dual Monitor Setup Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdematteis

I have a ATI Radeon X300 video card. I have an lcd monitor (max resolution 1280 x1024, 75Hz) hooked up as the primary. I have a 50" Vizio P50HDTV10A plasma (native resolution 1366 x 768) hooked up as the secondary via a DVI to HDMI cable. They are in different rooms (monitor is in a bedroom, plasma is in the living room).

I have the primary cloned onto the secondary, but i am having a problem setting the display resolutions for each screen seperately. In order for it to be clear and readable on the plasma, I have to set the resolution to 1366x768 on the lcd monitor. Is there a way to have seperate resolutions on different monitors when cloning one to the other?

you should be able to right click on your desktop and select properties. Under the display settings where you change the res you should see two monitors (1 & 2
) to change the res of a monitor or in this case a plasma (<- v jealous :( ) click on one of the numbers and you should then be able to change the settings.

Hope this helps

James

cloning monitors is just that. whatever res you set at is whatever is displayed on both monitors. A workaround to this is to find a common resolution both monitors work at good, but a drawback is that it might not look pretty or use the full extent of it.

extended desktop you can set different resolutions to each monitor since it treats it as individual monitors, not one and the same..

there is the option of using a second graphics card to run the other at a different resolution whilst cloning, but i don't know if thats possible or how to do it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back