Dual Router Situation

hopgop1

Hi, just wanted some conformation/ advice on what I plan on adding to my network at my house. Currently I have a BTHub 4 router and a TP-Link AV500 nano powerline adapter going from the router to the other side of the house where my room is because I receive little, if any wireless signal to my room as it is very far away from the router. What I plan on adding is 3 CAT5e (gigabit?) cables going from my routers gigabit port through the powerline adapter to the WAN port on a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND 300Mbps Wireless N 4 Gigabit Port Cable Router and then a third gigabit cable to my PC and a normal CAT5 cable from the TP-Link router to my XBox 360. I wondered if a) BT will allow a second router on the network b) If I setup the SSiD and password for the new TP-Link to be the same as the BTHub 4 will wireless devices get a seamless transition between both routers or if that is not the case and the routers will have to have separate SSiDs and passwords. The main reason I plan on doing this is because currently to connect my XBox and my PC to the router though the powerline adapter I have to switch the cable around which is a pain so I though I should get a 5 port switch to connect them both at the same time but then I thought I should try to future proof it a little and I should go Gigabit but a 5 port Gigabit switch is almost the same price as a gigabit router which should give me wireless connectivity to my room and this side of the house. Please try to make things as simple as possible as networking is most definitely not my strong point. Also for any non-gigabit connections I will use the normal CAT5 cables that came with my powerline adapter originally. Thanks,
-hopgop1

Or would it be better to get an 8 port gigabit switch and a wireless range extender? Which would be easier / the most efficient? I am currently leaning toward the wireless range extender option.

I'll document my wiring
Code:
cable modem=>primaryRouter -- Eop{master} . . Eop{remote}=>WiFi Router--WdTV live-->Samsung LED
             |                                                 |
             +--- wired systems                                 +- - wifi devices
The trick for everything at the Eop{remote} end is
* disable DHCP in the wifi router, but allow it to have its own IP address
(eg if the primary is 192.168.1.1, then set the wifi to 192.168.2.1 so you can manage it's configuration)

* from the Eop{remote}, plug the RJ45 into the wifi router LAN slot, leaving its WAN slot empty.

The primary router will now be in charge of all DHCP and DNS settings

Back