Dual Screen Force Game to 2nd Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dual screen setup, and I want to force a game to open on the secondary screen. Is this possible. The game is fullscreen only, so there is no window to drag to the other screen. Is there a command switch that can control which screen it opens on??

P4 3.6Ghz Windows XP SP2
2 GB Ram
ATI Radeon X800XL 256MB PCI-E
2- 20" Dell Digital Flat Panels

You can always set the currently secondary screen as primary & move your icons & taskbar around.

As Didou said you can change what screen your programs opening then that only thing would be that all of your programs would then open on the second monitor, including one that you may not want over there. Although as long as they aren't full screen programs they would be able to be dragged back to the other monitor.

Get a program called Ultramon, it allows you to move things across the screen and to change were a program is open in (monitor 1 or 2),

Dan

hay guys been a while
i really hate to ask a question in a thread but it seems to be the best place so far

i need to know the other way
how to make bf2 open on a dual screen setup?
my 2 monitors span perfectly up to and to include the
battlefeild 2 title
but then kicks to only one(primary) screen
i'm only using nvidias nview desktop software
and have not attempted any 3rd party
so if some one could help me i'd really appreciate it

amd 64 3200@2.4Mhz
1.5gb ram
gfx 5700ve video card
catalina sound card
saitek x52,logitech g15,mx610,momo
e-d 3d glasses,naturalpoints irtracker,voice buddy recognition
usb headset w mike
old 21" hyunda monitor and 20" ezc at 1024x768
winxp pro 32bit

thaxs steyr223

Thanks

OK, I downloaded the trial of Ultramon. It's great. I was trying to force halo 1 onto the 2nd monitor. Even when I used ultramon, it didn't work. But the program gave me enough control, I made the second monitor my primary, I can control which other programs open on which screen, I can easily flip the programs from one screen to another. Ultramon is great! Anyway for some reason, Halo has to run on the primary monitor.

Thanks for the help, I suppose we could close this post.

mcobbs said:
OK, I downloaded the trial of Ultramon. It's great. I was trying to force halo 1 onto the 2nd monitor. Even when I used ultramon, it didn't work. But the program gave me enough control, I made the second monitor my primary, I can control which other programs open on which screen, I can easily flip the programs from one screen to another. Ultramon is great! Anyway for some reason, Halo has to run on the primary monitor.

Thanks for the help, I suppose we could close this post.
Just curious since you say you download the trial home much is the full version, and is the trial a limited time thing or do you just not get all the bells and whistles the full version comes with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back