DVD acting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinlw

Hi,For some unknown reason when i put a disc in it dosent start automatically and when i click on the DVD rom it says no application found,but if i click explore i can get it to work,also i have just reinstalled my printer a canon new cartridges,and oddly my Dvd has been renamed Canon instead of pioneer.I am using Windows Vista Home Premium,really weird.

I'm away from my Vista machine right now. But there are settings for what action to take when you insert something. I'm sure its in one of the control panels, under AutoPlay or something like that. Try the help feature in Vista its pretty good and should give you something relavent if you look for autoplay. Then you'll likely have to set up what action you want it to take again, should be self explanatory.

Hi,I did the uninstall and shut down on restart it reloaded the driver,but now when i put a disc in if i click on the DVD it says prepare a blank disc.Baffled.

Hi Before i read the last message i put a fresh copy of vista back on a bit drastic i know but it is fine now thanks for the info anyway. Regards Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back