DVD Burner/ CD-RW drive Detects but wont run

Jan 10, 2008
  1. Ive Been having Trouble with my Lite-on DVD CD RW combo drive.
    the drive will detect disks allowing me to access via Explore and open but when i want the application to start i get prompted to insert the disk into the drive.
    And it wont even detect my Monitors software disk. But i did get it to work with my BF2142 DVD but i had to Explore the Disk and click on the auto run and from there it went.
  2. mscrx

mscrx TS Rookie Posts: 310

not all drives read all media from all vendors but its possible that you only have to clean the laser with a cleaning cd. worst case would be that the drive has lost it. maybe you should just go for a new drive. they are cheap and support dvd-rw and so on as well.
  3. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

4. mscrx

don't think so because when he runs a program from disk manually it asks for a disk
  5. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Example of what I think:
    User runs setup from explorer, error message displays that program must be run from main menu, please re-insert disc to display main setup menu

Please reply back DCBNSB, we can't both be right !
    More info required.
  6. mscrx

ok, that makes sense (even to me lol)
    well lets see what he says... and whether we can help him.

DCBNSB TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 63

Ok i did the auto play fix. and i added another CD drive and it reads fine.... i think that my drive lost it.... sigh .... walmart fall apart
  8. mscrx

ok then, hardware going bad happens every day. but its one of the cheaper parts so...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.