DVD ROM not reading all dvds. All drivers updated

I have two dvd players, one that came in my laptop, and an LG slim portable USB dvd reader/writer. I'm running windows 7 home premium on an Acer Aspire laptop. I have went into device manager and checked for updated drivers on the drives, as well as fully updated the thing with windows update. The USB drive from LG is pretty new, but I even went to their website and updated the firmware!!! I rent a lot of movies from Redbox, and historically they all played, but lately fewer and fewer will play. My computer does not even "see" the disk. I know scratches can cause this because they cannot read the header, but a lot of these recent discs look new!!! And I try them in both drives..............still nada. Anyone have a thought????

There is a "fix" for this type of problem, but it requires you to modify the Windows registry. Have you worked with the Windows registry before?

No, I try to stay away from all of that. But if it's beyond something I feel comfortable with though, I have a cousin who is a network Administrator, I'll get him to do it remotely!!! I just want my movies to read!!!

This is the info on what to do... Ignore the info above "Modify the Registry"

Attachments

• Scan0001.jpg
    Scan0001.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back