Dvd Videos Will Not Play At All

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjoesullix

ive tried playing dvds on every program i have on the computer. in windows media player i get this message: "Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. You might need to adjust your Windows display settings. Open display settings in Control Panel, and then try lowering your screen resolution and color quality settings."

ive tried all of that, the computer plays avi files fine and every other video files, my drives are working up to scratch

any know how on this would be appriciated.
Many thanks
Joe

You need some dvd playback software or a mpeg2 codec to play dvds. You can find mpeg2 codecs online, or you can get VLC to play them. Although that error message doesn't make sense if that is the problem, but I can't think of anything else that would prevent dvds from playing.

Let me add that, although Windows Media Player is capable of playing DVDs, you still need the codec that SNGX1275 mentioned. I don't believe it comes with Windows. Otherwise a separate DVD player software will be necessary.

I may have incorrectly assumed his OS was XP though I didn't know about XP Media Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back