DVD wont run!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All

I'm having a problem with a DVD I've Bought off Ebay. I was watching this DVD and it worked fine but when I got up to the forth title of the forth chapter POWERDVD Player came up with the error message "Error Code: 89020003" "The DVD disc might have been damaged so as to inhibit playback operation. Please clean the surface of the disc if possible. If it has been scratched, it might not be readable." I looked at the Dvd and found what I would call a noticable dint rather than a scratch, due to the size of it, in the data part of the CD. I attempted to contact the seller to discuss sending the DVD back. Conviniently he had left Ebay. I have his email but I am doubtful I will find much sucess with him as all the dvd's in the boxset have these abnormally large "scratches" on them. Needless to say I have been had lol. But I was wondering if there is anyway I might be able to remedy the situation and get my DVD to work properly without it stopping, as most of it has worked fine and since clearly my seller is not going to offer any refund. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Tim

If I were you ,I would get a hold of Ebay's customer service and track that Clown through them. It may not work but at least you get him on record, they are quite good on fraudulent sellers.Tough lesson!

As for those Disk ,there are disk repair tools ,One is by Kenisington ,with these rigs you actually highly polish the surface in an attempt to read the data which is not on the surface of the disk. they may or may not work, it is going to depend on how deep the damage is.If you can get it to play ,I would copy it immediately as it probablely would be troublesome over a number of uses.
Alternatively, you might try copying to HDD disk and then editing out the bad sections with a good software program ,then burning the edited version to a new disk.
Good luck!

Playing the DVD in a regular DVD player may also help since computers are a bit odd on playing DVD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back