Dvd writer won't write ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

zak55555

I have a problem with my hp dvd writer 200i, ever since i re-installed my operating system (without using the special software included) it reads dvd and cds but when i try to write to a dvd it says insert dvd/cd, I tried usin different dvd brands then i tried usind different programs (clonecd, nero, blindwrite, ect) but no luck. Any suggestions? I think it might be from the drivers.

Pc Specs----
Windows Xp professional edition
2.53 Ghz inte P4 processor
512 mb
200gb hard drvie
64 mb Itergrated Intel Extreme Graphics
Drives---------
Hp dvd writer 200i
Samsung Cd-Rom Sc-148c

All optical drives use the native windows DRiveers. check and make sure that the burner is operating in DMA mode and not PIO.

look in deivce manager ( and while yuo are there look to see if there are any devices with any yellow qquestion marks or triangles next to them) loo under "IDE ATA|ATAPI Controllers". your DVD should be on the secondary IDE channel. look under properties for that and click on the advanced tab. there it will tell you what mode it is operating in.

Also if you did not use a recovery disk but used a regular XP disc to reinstall windows, did you install the motherboards drivers after installing windows?

I wrote this on a similar thread today
Nero can get seriously grumpy if the software bundled with the drive is not used. If in doubt, uninstall your copy of Nero, reboot and reinstall.
Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back