DVI-i to RCA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neel_saraiya

hey i have a dell dimension e520 with a nvidia gforce 7300LE graphics card.the graphics card has a vga out, dvi-i out and a s-video out.i would like to know if i connect a dvi-i to rca adaptor for my tv out conection would it work properly(ie a dvi-i from nvidia to the tv(rca)).

i m not happy with s-video output as compared to my friends dvi-i output.

By RCA do you mean composite video (single RCA connector) or component video (three RCA connectors)? The former will suck way more than the native S-Video from your video card. The latter, if done as HD, would better than plain S-Video indeed.

DVI does not carry any audio signals, but anyway, the single yellow thing implies composite video which is way worse than S-Video.

If your TV doesn't have any other inputs than S-Video, composite and RF, then it won't be able to give you decent picture anyway. HD TV sets come with HDMI, DVI and VGA inputs that you can plug directly to your video card.

hey i just checked behind the tv it has three female ports coloured green blue and red and dvd it written on top of them are these components ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back