DVI not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruckshaw

My card is a Gainward Geforce 4 NVidia FX5200 with a DVI port and an analog port.

My monitor AG Neovo has a DVI and an analog port.

Everything is OK on analog but when I connect up the DVI I get a "no signal" message.

Does my card really support DVI?

If and when I solve that problem is it OK to keep the monitor connected to bith connect both inputs ands switch through the OSD?

Are you trying to connect 2 monitors at the same time? And have you checked the graphics card for any jumper settings?

No output on DVI

Thanks for your reply.

I am simply trying to get a picture on my LCD using DVI but I am not clear whether I can leave the single monitor connected to both DVI and analog and use the OSD to choose the mode.

The card manual makes no mention of jumpers. In fact it does not mention DVI at all except for a diagram of the DVI connector.

3Dlabs Wildcat VP 990 Pro / AG Neovo X-19 NO SIGNAL

I have the 3dlabs VP 990Pro graphic card which has two graphic apapters with two DVI-I female connectors (and a 3pin stereo sync connector which is insignificant for the issue). If I use the DVI to analog adapter supplied with the card, and standard 15-pin VGA cable, the AG Neovo X-19 monitor works fine, if I use the DVI cable supplied with the monitor, I get the the 'no signal' message.

I found it not possible to change the input from the OSD on the monitor, because it obviously automatically detects whether there is a signal on any of the inputs, and when there is no signal, it (the OSD menu) does not provide a possibility to switch the input to the "wanted" one.

I came to the idea (same as bruckshaw) of connecting both cables i.e. the 15 pin D-SUB via DVI to analog adapter on one DVI connector on the card and DVI cable on the other connector, but nothing happened i.e. regardless of which of the two graphic adapters (connectors) on the card I was trying to use, both will work only with the DVI to analog adapter i.e. monitor gets only the analog signal.

So, I concluded that most likely the cable supplied with the monitor is not good (although it should be) or that the (automatic) detection of input signal on the monitor is not working. I still have not had time to deal with the issue (all this happened last night) and will appreciate any clever advice (of course, will send a memo to 3dlabs as soon as I retreive the information needed to get the right for a technical support)

Its possible that its down to the flatpanel rather than the graphics card.
For example, i used to use a monitor that had 15way sub d and rgb via 5 bnc connectors. I had to manually switch it in the monitors menu.
I dont personally use a flatpanel so im just guessing, but it may be worth checking out.

Hope that helps. Rik.

Thanks, but the monitor's menu does not allow switching between inputs i.e. inputs which are not active are marked as inactive in the menu and one can not choose them. I am also surprised that such an expensive TFT monitor has an operating manual which is this bad (if I compare this to EIZO instructions of my T966 monitor, this is definitely unacceptable if a company pretends to be at the high end scale of producers) . However, I must say that performance of this NEOVO monitor in combination with the VP 990 Pro graphic card and its control programm is more than excellent in the analog mode I am using at the moment.

I also think that graphic card has nothing to do with a problem, but unfortunately I still did not have time to deal with the issue.

No DVI signal

I noe know that my DVI-D cable is open circuit between the two ends on the TMDS clock negative pin. Does this mean that the cable is useless?

My AG Neovo monitor does have a facility to switch btween Analog and Digital. In analog mode the analog choice is greyed out but digital does not work.
If I switch to digital on the OSD I get a no signal message when the cable is connected. If the cable is not connected the screen switchws back to analog.

I agree that the manual is appalling

DVI "no signal"

Does anyone here know whether the TXC- pin (no 24) on a DVI-D cable actually does anything in DVI mode?. I have two cables and on both of them there is no continuity on this pin along the cable. I believe it is supposed to be the clock return line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back