TechSpot

DX10 vs. DX11 comparisons

By TomSEA
Oct 1, 2009
  1. ¼ of a hotdog

¼ of a hotdog TS Enthusiast Posts: 214

2. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,282   +157

If the walking through the jungle scene on the crysis 2 video looks anything like the finished game, Ill eat my shorts.

3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,291   +25

Tesselation is the main advantage of DX11, and is not apparent in a screenshot. It basically eliminates the pop-up effect seen in games with large open environments, like Fallout 3, and instead relies on a dynamic LOD. So you can see everything in the game world, and the detail level will change depending on how close or far you are from any object in the world.

4. Jomofo

Jomofo TS Rookie

dx11 how does one get it is it going to be released for vista or is this going to be a windows7 thing only

5. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 2,387   +425

Uh...that "DX11 Crysis 2" video is fake. Here's the real deal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ5CKd-yel0

For Jomofo's question, DX11 will run on both Vista and Windows 7.

I'm going to take a wait and see approach before I drop who knows how many hundreds of dollars on a DX11 card. So far, I haven't seen anything to warrant it.

6. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,171   +37

To add to what TomSEA has said, there are very few games utilizing DX10 as it is and the majority of games being released in October on are DX9.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.