Dynamic Disk Problems

By Poochie
Mar 7, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I started up my Windows XP Pro computer today to find that my 2nd hdd is unreadable. It is setup as a dynamic disk (although not to my knowledge until now). It shows up fine in BIOS and Device Manger however under the Disk Management it says that it is "unreadable". I have followed the Microsoft Knowledge base article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;236086&Product=win20 even though I have XP Pro with no luck. I'm just looking for a way to get my data back, otherwise I'm pretty sure I could just convert it to a basic disk and erase everything.

The error I'm getting is: "dmboot: Failed to auto-import disk group <group name>Dg0. All volumes in the disk group are not available."

Any suggestions on how to access my data so I can copy it somewhere else?
  2. jutetrea

jutetrea Newcomer, in training

Exact same problem

having the exact same issue, single message in event viewer

dmboot: Failed to auto-import disk group DonjonDg0. All volumes in the disk group are not available.

first time it has happened, any help would be appreciated.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.